Sunday, August 7, 2011

Half-way There: Belly pics

"Celebrate good times...Come on!!! Let's Celebrate!!" That was my theme song for wëek 20, cus we only got 20 more to go hehehehe. It was short work week thankfully so I got to relax with the family and just shoot the breeze.

We girls have a way of knowing when we may need to hit the gym or stop pigging out on that Hagendaz, well there is nothing like growing due to pregnancy, no amount of exercise or healthy food can stop the pounds from piling on and for some it happens overnight. Gratefully my blooming belly has grown steadily and constantly from day one, I think I'm huge but ....no I am huge, but the best compliment I had this week was from mum: You are so small you look like you gonna drop an egg.  If ONLY...cus this baby gonna be way bigger than that.

We are really bad at remembering to take weekly photos but here are some pics recording my growth, an inspiration for some and for others a perfect form of birth control...lol!!!
Week Prior to Conception

Week 12
                                                                    
Week 16
Week 18
Week 20

I've been tempted to get out my measuring tape just to see what my circumference is like, but it may be too depressing of an exercise, considering the little one is actually only the length of a banana...a banana!?! I definitely feel like I'm carrying around more than that. That having been said its an amazing experience to watch my tummy grow, and to stretch to capacity. Women are extra-ordinary creatures I tell you and I have never felt more womanly (hence the urge to prance about in my bikini)!!! My boss calls me the vessel and though I would want to slap him, it makes me smile because that is exactly what I am. I feel so blessed everyday to be given the opportunity to nurture another human being, just think everything I eat he eats, everything I feel he feels, thats why its so important to be a happy mummy and so far so good. Blessings abound!!!

Let's see what the next 20 weeks brings!!!

xoxoxo

Miscellaneous Stuff:
Baby's first concert: Had a blast jumping and waving my backside off....yes mummy can still party
Favourite food: Eschovitch fish and festival...yummy in my tummy (MS knows his way around the kitchen)
Pet Peeve: My colleague typing on his keyboard is suddenly becoming very annoying...clackety clack clack all day long
Gift: Boppy pillow to help me sleep, soft and cushiony but not quite sure if its doing the trick for me

No comments:

Post a Comment